Subscribe to M.Black's ENTER TOMORROW BLOG NEWS (2x a month). Over 750 subscribers to my blog.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Contact me: touch-of-grace@hotmail.com and get your free book for signing up to blog news.

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Army of Tomorrow news welcomes Brett Savory and a New Release from M.Black

Welcome my Army of Tomorrow readers We have a lot of fun today! First up is the winner to the paperback giveaway for last month and then we have the new release ELECTRIC GARDENS from M.BLACK, followed by a spotlight and interview with BRETT SAVORY, and lastly a review of what M.Black is reading now. Enjoy the blog news for the week! 


The Winer of the ELECTRIC GARDENS paperback from last month is: LAURA STOCKMAN! Congrats girl! 

The New Release of the month is ELECTRIC GARDENS! 


After several world catastrophes, robots called 'Tins' have come to power.

Lexi019 knows them well. She's lived inside of a Compound ruled by Tins for the past twelve years, and maintains a strict schedule. After attending Electric Gardens classes, she learns that she will be transferred, as all eighteen-year-olds are, to serve the gardens for the rest of her life.

Instead, Lexi defies the Tins and looks for a way out. With her best guy Kyle53 at her side, and a couple of unlikely friends, Lexi eventually finds her way out of the Compound. 

But in the end, can she escape... or like all things in this artificial, post-apocalyptic world, be stuck under the Tins' power forever?




SPOLIGHT on BRETT SAVORY


Henry Kyllo is a Runner, a member of a secret society called the Inferne Cutis. Every day he is chased through the city by Hunters whose goal is to fill him with bullets. It is a secret war steeped in history, tradition, and mutual fear.

Rumours abound about what happens when a Runner achieves ascension, but it has supposedly never happened before, so no one knows for sure. Except that it has happened before. And it is happening again.

This time, to Henry Kyllo.

File UnderScience Fiction [ Hunter / Killer | The Man Machine | Over and Over | Run, Rabbit, Run ]

MY 2 CENTS: This is such a cool idea, but of course I love well-written monster-robot stories. I recommend you take a look at his work and let me know what you think! 



INTERVIEW: BRETT SAVORY
Welcome Brett Savory, author of A PERFECT MACHINE from Angry Robot Books Publishing. 

“A destabilizing gutshot of science fiction, crime, and existentialism that will leave your head spinning well beyond the final pages of Henry Kyllo’s apotheosis. Savory truly delivers an inventive, disturbing, and unforgettable thrill ride.”
Paul Tremblay, author of A Head Full of Ghosts and The Little Sleep


INTERVIEW:

When did you start writing stories?

My earliest memory of writing a story is at age 11 when I wrote a tale called “Fright Night” for my 7th-grade English class. I got the highest mark in the class for it, so I decided I should keep writing that kind of stuff. Ha! It was all about mutants, killer bees, haunted houses, and duplicitous brothers, and tons of machine guns. Very action-horror—kinda like A Perfect Machine, I suppose.

What was your favorite book growing up? Now?

My favourite book growing up was The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. My favourite now (barring any o the books we’ve published at ChiZine Publications) is probably American Psycho.

If you could live anywhere in the world where money was not a factor, where would it be?

St. Martin would be lovely!

How did you come up with A Perfect Machine?

It’s based on a story called “Running Beneath the Skin,” which was published in 2004 in the Penguin/Roc anthology Outsiders. I basically just took the opening, massaged it a bit, then expanded it from there on to novel length. As for the idea itself, I have no idea where that came from. Maybe from watching Tetsuo: The Iron Man.

What are your current writing plans?

I’m half-way through my 4th novel, Lake of Spaces, Wood of Nothing. Once that’s done, I fire it to my agent, and we see if anyone wants a weird Lynchian spy thriller!  :-)

One word answers:

Horses, sharks, or eagle?

Sharks.

Robots, animals, or people?

Robot animals! (Totally cheating.)

Simon and Garfunkel, Metallica, or Queen?

Metallica (but only up to 1988).

Novels, novellas, or short stories?

Novels (though I do love a great short story, of course).

Morning, afternoon, or night?

Afternoon (if the sun’s out; if not, night).

Thank you and good night! 

Thanks for having me!



Review of what M.Black is reading now:



I have been reading THE CULLING, THE AUTHORITY and have just finished THE FERRYMEN.

I have to say I really liked this series. I got way into book one and had to see what happens. I think book two is my favorite, just because I really liked how Dahn was fleshed out with his tortured love issues. 

I would give book one four stars, books two five stars and book three four stars. 

Essentially, there is a culling that happens to keep the solar system in check and our main lead is one of those who culls. She eventually finds the corruptness behind it all and 'bad guy' and this leads her to joining the rebels who are called the Ferrymen. But now she has to pretend to be a culler and pretend she still works for the Authority. 

There is a love triangle with our main girl, a guy from the Authority and a guy from the Ferrymen, but this is a backdrop not the main story. It is not a romance, but you do get a sense of feelings from the three characters. I really liked Dahn the best personally, but you will see who she ends up with at the end of book three which concludes the series.

Recommend you to check it out!
Solid four star series!






Well, that concludes this blog new! Hope you enjoyed it and I'll talk to you two weeks from now. I hope you keep reading!

  M.Black


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating!