Subscribe to M.Black's ENTER TOMORROW BLOG NEWS (2x a month). Over 750 subscribers to my blog.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Contact me: touch-of-grace@hotmail.com and get your free book for signing up to blog news.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Animal Graph review!





My review


Jin escapes from a prison where she was experimented on to have animal cells and neural tissue grafted into her.  This gives her a range of   unique abilities including a connection by brain waves to a chosen animal.  She has to try and survive out in the Amazonian jungle of an eradicated world whilst being tracked by Graft Soldiers.  The book follows her escape as she learns more about the world and herself.
I don’t read many YA books as I find the style a bit too simplistic for my normal tastes but I was drawn to this one by the fun premise of animal grafting.  Before getting the book I read a review that said it was like the Hunger Games meets X-men and I wholeheartedly agree with this description. Its fun escapism fantasy. The characters have extraordinary abilities from their animal Graphs but these also come with weaknesses. Its a really good balance. The science in the book such as the grafting with animals is glossed over but this just adds to the easy read factor along with the simplistic language used.  The science wasn’t detailed enough for me but I still really enjoyed the book and think it works well for teen fiction.  There’s lots of fun fight scenes where the characters use their awesome abilities with interesting effects.  The book ends mid-air which to me left it feeling very unfinished. I like most ends tied up in a story and I felt that this was just setting up for a sequel.
The main character Jin is likeable and I got behind her, egging her on to defeat the next obstacle in her escape. Adan fits into the stero-typical dreamy supporting character/love interest for the heroine to fall for that I’ve seen previously in young adult books.
A really fun, quick and easy read but if you want to know how things end you would also need to read the next book in the series.
I’d recommend if you like: young adult fiction, super-hero abilities, eco-sci-fi, young adult dystopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating!