Subscribe to M.Black's ENTER TOMORROW BLOG NEWS (2x a month). Over 750 subscribers to my blog.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Contact me: touch-of-grace@hotmail.com and get your free book for signing up to blog news.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Army of Tomorrow Blog News with special guest Patrick Tomlinson and THE ARK

Welcome to this addition of Army of Tomorrow Blog News. We are a few days late this week do to some personal matters, but enjoy the read!

WINNER OF ELECTRIC GARDENS paperback giveaway from March-April is LAURA STOCKMAN

The contest for this April-May is a Robot 4-book paperback giveaway!Win all four of these books below simply by commenting on this blog! It is a post-apocalyptic-dystopian-survivalist-AI-robot-enthusiasts dream!

Feel free to check them out by clicking the image to the left on this blog. 





Special Guest Today is Patrick Tomlinson, author of THE ARK



Welcome, Patrick Tomlinson author of The Ark from Angry Robot Books. 

“There is so much good stuff wrapped inside The Ark: a locked-room murder mystery, bare-knuckle action, and the kind of hard-boiled science fiction that will make your brain pop. Climb aboard.”
– Adam Rakunas, author of Windswept



A murder mystery set on a generation ship months from reaching Humanity's new home.

INTERVIEW:

When did you start writing stories?

PST: On a whim in 2009, I started writing a Hitchhiker’s guide to the Galaxy fanfic novel. After a long and circuitous route, it became the bones of my first original novel, GATE CRASHERS, which is coming out in June from Tor Books.

What was your favorite book growing up? Now?

PST: As a kid, my favorite book was probably SPHERE by Michael Crichton. Then I saw the movie and it managed to wreck both of them for me forever. Now? SPEAKER FOR THE DEAD still stands out, but my tastes are constantly growing in new and unexpected directions. THE FIFTH SEASON and THE THREE BODY PROBLEM are both up there as well. Next month? Who knows.

If you could live anywhere in the world where money was not a factor, where would it be?

PST: New York City after they put it under a climate-controlled dome.

How did you come up with the story?

PST: The story of THE ARK literally came to me in the shower. I’d just finished watching a Discovery Channel show on the physical requirements and technological hurdles of building a generation ship and started thinking about what sort of people would be selected to live on one, how society, cultural practices, and laws would have to adapt to the limitations placed on the residents. Then I started thinking about what sort of people would step off the ship after a couple centuries. I had the book outlined within a few hours and got to work. Six months later, I had a rough draft.

What are your current writing plans?

PST: Currently, I’m smack in the middle of a three book contract with Tor Books writing sci-fi comedies set in a universe we’re calling The Breach. The first book, the aforementioned GATE CRASHERS, is a first-contact story with humans basically running around waving their dicks at the rest of the galaxy and daring them to do something about it. The next book, STARSHIP REPO, is exactly what it sounds like. I just finished writing it and it’s spectacularly ridiculous.

One word answers:

Horses, sharks, or eagle?

PST: Giraffe.

Robots, animals, or people?

PST: Animal/human hybrid cyborgs.

Simon and Garfunkel, Metallica, or Queen?

PST: Foo Fighters.

Novels, novellas, or short stories?

PST: I’m not much of a reader…

Morning, afternoon, or night?

PST: The equatorial region of a tidally-locked planet.


Thank you and good night!

PST: Thanks for having me on.


Thank you so much for joining us Patrick Tomlinson! We will have special guest WALTER RHEIN in May! 

  REVIEW for this Blog New is FOOL's GOLD


I don't normally go for a book like this, but I was very bored one day and saw it being advertised. My job has time between work where I can usually write or take notes and read books. So, I chose this for my week. It was definitely fun and put me in another space I don't usually go into. I had to  look around at times while blushing. LOL.

I wouldn't say it is the best slight erotic book out there, but if you were a Fifty Shades of Grey fan, which actually I was not, you would probably like this read. 

Warning: It is not a post-apocalyptic or dystopia and there are no robots;)
But it will make you wish you were alone reading it. LOL



EXCERPT from Electric Gardens:

     “You are to report to the Confinement Center, for a meeting.”  
     Words like Confinement Center and meeting are never good. The Tins want to know something, something they think they will get from Kyle53.
     I stand too, beside my best friend. I see the sweat dripping from his neck; his breaths get faster, and his hands shake. 
     “What is this about?” I say loudly, to deaf ears.
     The Tin turns, with its grip still on Kyle53, and he has to comply, has to follow, or his arm will be ripped off from the socket. 
     “I’ll talk to you later, Lex!”
     “Later, it will all be fine. Just tell them what they want to know.”
     I say that for a good show. Kyle53 knows me well. I don’t want the Tins to know anything we know. Our secrets, are our secrets. The one thing we have that the Tins can’t take from us. The one thing that belongs to us solely. 
     My hands clasp the table beneath me, and I feel my chest huff a few times, shocked. I can think of a few things they might want to know. Why we were talking about our classes in my room; if he’s ever seen me go into the vents; if he knows where his sister is. 
     That’s got to be it. The Tins figure he is her brother. He’d be the one she’d reach out to if she returned to the Compound. Then again, maybe she’s lost somewhere on the outside, as far as the Tins know.
     I can’t finish my breakfast, and return my tray with the single thought, don’t let them break you. Don’t let them break you. 


I hope you enjoy this weeks Blog News and I'll see you again, twice as a matter of fact, next month! 

Any questions or comments can be sent to the author M.Black: touch-of-grace@hotmail.com 






1 comment:

Thank you for participating!