Subscribe to M.Black's ENTER TOMORROW BLOG NEWS (2x a month). Over 750 subscribers to my blog.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Contact me: touch-of-grace@hotmail.com and get your free book for signing up to blog news.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Special Guest: Michael Shelton


 
 
Young Adult Fantasy  Click for website 
 

When did you start writing stories?
I stated writing stories when I was very young. In fact I still have my first book, in which I wrote in my third grade class. We found it up and everything. Of course, it’s not very good. I’ve been writing off and on ever since then. Then I finally got serious and began publishing in 2016.

What was your favorite book growing up? Now?
I don’t know if I had a specific favorite book growing up or not. I read all the time. I remember my mom taking me to the library almost every week and coming home with an armful of books. I read detective books, fantasy, and mystery. The first fantasy I really remember reading was The Chronicles of Narnia. Now I still love fantasy. I do read other genre’s occasionally, but always seem to go back to fantasy. Authors like Terry Brooks, Raymond Feist, and Robert Jordan, as well as newer authors like Jeff Wheeler and D.K. Holmberg.

If you could live anywhere in the world where money was not a factor, where would it be? I’m not sure where I would want to live. Right now I live in the pacific NW and am only a short drive from a multitude of waterfalls, trails, and old growth forests so I really like that. If I could choose somewhere else, maybe in a castle somewhere in Europe.

How did you come up with the story?
My latest series, The Dragon Artifacts – book one being The Golden Dragon has characters that I used in a previous series (The Alaris Chronicles). Even though it is previous characters and is fun to read about their former adventures, the series stands on its own. I’ve always loved dragons and magic power. The story deals with the question of how much power is too much? IS there a limit to what one person should hold. And is it possible to be all powerful and still not have it go to your head.
 
What are your current writing plans? Currently I am finalizing editing on this newest series, and am thinking about my next book. Not sure of the story line yet, but it will definitely have lots of magic!
One word answers:

Horses, sharks, or eagle?
Eagle
Robots, animals, or people?
People
Simon and Garfunkel, Metallica, or Queen?
Queen
Novels, novellas, or short stories?
 Novels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating!